Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gifts to Last a Lifetime

     I have not been able to find the right words (and I'm the writing teacher!) to quite express how much my students mean to me.  Seeing them at my wedding is something that I will never forget.  So many of my friends and relatives came up to me at the reception complimenting my students.   They were saying how well behaved they were in church, how they participated in the mass, and how excited they were to be there.  It warms my heart just thinking about it now.  You made my special day even more wonderful and I thank you for it. 

     The fifth grade classes presented me with a wedding present yesterday.  This gorgeous, handmade, glass mobile (image below) is now hanging in my home.  It is as unique and beautiful as my students and I am truly in awe.  I have been nothing short of overwhelmed by all of the generosity and thoughtfulness.  These students are so amazing because these families are so amazing.  Thank you so much for all that you do!





No comments:

Post a Comment